Join CafeMom Today! Autism Amber Alert: Child with autism found wandering interstate
AMBER Alerts are distributed via commercial radio stations, satellite radio, television stations, and cable TV by the Emergency Alert System and NOAA Weather Radio for child abductions only! Children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder are NOT included in the criteria for issuing an Amber Alert. This really needs to change.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Child with autism found wandering interstate

Autistic Child Found Wandering Along I-17 Access Road: MyFoxPHOENIX.com



Autistic Child Found Wandering Along I-17 Access Road

PHOENIX - An autistic child was found wandering along a Phoenix highway off-ramp Monday morning.

A good samaritan helped out and now police have a lot of questions.

The good news is that the boy was not hurt and he's back home with his mother. It's a happy ending to a frightening day for the child.

Police tried talking with the 6-year-old in the back seat of a patrol car while officers searched for his parents. The boy was found wandering alone on the southbound frontage road near I-17 and Thomas, wearing nothing but a diaper Monday morning.

"It's crazy..I watch my kids really good..they don't go out of the house, they stay in the house..I would not let my kids run around in diapers outside," said Lupe Taylor, a neighbor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ShareThis